Tuesday, November 2, 2010

California dreaming?

So basically I'm currently in Los Angeles,and just in time to vote. Today's big topic and big reason to vote is proposition 19,the cannabis tax proposition,will the green get a green signal  from  California voters? 

  Ron English, wanted to encourage us all to vote today!:)









For fans or Ron English here's a two minute bit of him sketching on sketchtheatre's site


you'll find other great artists' sketches and interviews on the site if you don't already know about it.

I was feeling generous and sadistic today,a very weird combination I know..but I tend to be a paradox I came across another site..which creeped me out and amazed me at the same time..
it's art by death row inmates



and for those of you who ever wonder how they get tattoos in prison,or if you ever find yourself in prison wanting a tattoo here are a few instructions





Now that I've depressed you enough,I'll end this little article with something painfully cute..
If you're in Los Angeles mid November( November 12) Sanrio will be celebrating it's 50th anniversary
Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California. The iconic company who gave the world Hello Kitty has invited popular artists from around the world to collaborate in two standout art exhibitions: Small Gift Los Angeles and Small Gift Miami, during Art Basel.




Small Gift Los Angeles November 12 - 21, 2010 
Barker Hangar
3021 Airport Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90405


I told you this was going to be a paradox..
-Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment