Wednesday, November 10, 2010

crummy Crumb by me (Ava)

As I told you in the previous post,I was going to do a Robert Crumb article.
So as you all know Robert Crumb is an American artist, illustrator, and musician recognized for the distinctive style of his drawings and his critical, satirical, subversive view of the American mainsteam.
Crumb was a founder of the underground comix movement and is regarded as its most prominent figure. Though one of the most celebrated of comik book artists, Crumb's entire career has unfolded outside the mainstream comic book publishing industry. One of his most recognized works is the "Keep on Truckin''" comic, which became a widely distributed fixture of pop culture in the 1970s. Others are the characters Devil Girl, Fritz the Cat, and Mr.Natural.





     

  If i had to write all the work he's done,and his whole life,I'd write a 10 page article,which I'm not going to do!
 I just wanted to point out how much of an inspiration he is to me..and how perfect I find his work! I've tried to scribble some Crumb inspired drawings for you..but I warn you 1) my camera's terrible 2) my drawings are terrible as well..so enjoy!





I guess you can say that they're crummy but I enjoyed making them and many more.
Every body's into more digital art,i still haven't adapted,not that I'm not a fan but I just still enjoy my good old pen and paper..

meanwhile here's a little song,very "Crumb"




  

          

No comments:

Post a Comment