Tuesday, January 11, 2011

crisp them alllll up

these last few days I haven't really posted any of my last scribbles..
They've just looked like shit..
either it's time to change pencils( yeah good excuse)
paper quality's not thick enough( other good one)
or my paw's just not feeling it..
So I've been going about London looking for a good art store,and to my surprise(so surprising of course for London)the prices are insane and I used to think Paris' famous Graphigro store was expensive!
That's something I never really understood,why art stores are sooo expensive when most artists are  shnorers (*poor) So I'm finally starting to understand why people paint on their bedspreads,walls,asses, mothers and such..
In a way these prices are pushing us towards creativity and change!
I guess art stores really sell to the bored housewife trying to become an artist or the students( such cliches but cliches always start with a truth!)
I digress,
So I'm not struggling to the point of painting on baguettes(good idea though) and I found some great material,including watercolors..which I've always been fond of..anything looks good when you use them..so in my next posts I'll be showing you some watercolors and my regular pencil scribbles
and I'll see what the crystal ball tells me..should I continue in the path of scribbles? or go back to painting..?
 I definitely won't be hitting the oil though,I'm too insane for it (topic for another discussion)
I'll be showing you as well my latest sculptures that I've abandoned since October..
ohh I know you're excited and sick as hell of seeing my old stuff!


I shall leave this post with a great song and some tasty Blues men scribbles by R.Crumb

"Bad luck woman"-Memphis Minnie






No comments:

Post a Comment